We are a social club which promotes walking as a means to fitness
Feel free to look around and learn about Fitness Walking and Race Walking in Central Florida and then come join us at local area road races
- Discover Central Florida Walkers in our About section
- Learn about Race Walking Rules and Eligibility in the Race Walking section
- Find out about our up coming races and events in Schedule
- Check out the results from previous races in Results
- Compare your performance level with others and yourself in earlier races in Masters
Of Member Interest
See Schedule for additional events.
- September 2014
A Track Shack and CFW supported event
Florida Hospital Rock n Run 5k
7:30 am, Casselberry, FL
A Track Shack event
Miracle Miles 5k and 15
7:00 am, Lake Eola Park, Orlando, FL
- October 2014
A Track Shack and CFW Grand Prix event
Florida Hospital U Can Finish 5 Miler & 2 Mile
7:00 am, University of Central Florida, FL
A CFW Grand Prix event
5th Annual Haiti Benefit Pumpkin Run 5k
7:30 am, Mead Garden, Orlando, FL
Central Florida Walkers was founded in 1988 as a fitness oriented social club to promote and support walking. We are a USA Track & Field Member Club that supports race walking and fitness walking in and around Orlando and Central Florida. We provide individuals of all ages who are interested in race walking and fitness walking with the opportunity to meet regularly and participate in various activities.
CFW Club Activities
CFW club activities include
- Competing as race walkers and fitness walkers as a separate division within local Central Florida road races.
- Volunteer opportunities at races for our members who do not wish to compete.
- An Annual Grand Prix and Fun Awards Breakfast (late Summer).
- In addition, we provide yearly race schedules including our own club Grand Prix Series.
- Each Spring, we host and manage a USA Track & Field state or regional Race Walk Championships for both adult and youth divisions.
We are most fortunate to have the enthusiastic support of Track Shack, Central Florida's premiere running and walking headquarters. They manage the majority of the footraces which are held throughout the year in the Central Florida area.